- Have you ever wanted a ‘behind the scenes’ look into travel nursing?
- Are you the significant other of a traveling nurse and trying to figure out where you fit into this exciting lifestyle?
- Are you looking for real world advice on travel nursing and all that it entails; not just the same-old, same-old FAQ section listed on other websites that only covers the same basics?
- Are you planning an action packed vacation & in need of some fabulous ideas on how to get the most out of your time & money in a particular city or state?
- Or do you need pointers on how to manage your diet while traveling?
- And how to keep the budget in check while on the road?
These are some of the questions that my blog will answer. My name is Kelli Leach, and I am the author of Food, Fitness, & Fun in All 50 States.
I outline the ups and downs of travel nursing, and everything in between. My husband is a CVICU RN, and he accepted his first travel nurse assignment in July of 2010. We hit the road and I began blogging to document our journey.
I write a lot about our daily adventures, and include advice on travel nursing based on our experiences. I create and post possible itineraries for the different cities we visit, and include our ‘favorites list’ after each assignment. I also touch on dieting while traveling, as it is something I struggle with and am working hard to conquer.
Prior to our traveling, I worked in management and sales for 5 years. My most recent position was in event planning for 2 1/2 years, which comes in handy now, as I am the planner and organizer in our family. I research the cities we live in and come up with lots of fun activities that I write about on here.
I’m hoping that our lessons learned can be passed on to make for a more smooth transition for future travel nurse families. My goal is to address some of the questions that we couldn’t seem to find the answers to before we started this action packed lifestyle, as well as some insight into the life of self-imposed nomads.
I love to hear from my readers! Please feel free to send me an email with questions, suggestions for the blog, or just to say hello using the contact form below.